Click here to download the PDF version.
30801 South Coast Highway
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
Toll Free Reservations: 866.271.6953
Fax: (949) 715-6100 Sales Fax: 949.715.6130
Set on an oceanfront bluff with sweeping panoramas of the Pacific Ocean and striking Craftsman-style architecture, this 248-room luxury beach resort commands 30 lushly landscaped acres in the heart of the picturesque arts community of Laguna Beach (midway between Los Angeles and San Diego), making it the ideal choice for a seaside getaway or vacation.
To view a map of the property, please click here.
February 22, 2003
Now a renowned artists’ colony, Laguna Beach’s artistic beginnings date back to the early 1900s – the heyday of the California Arts & Crafts movement. With distinctive period elements such as classic wood and stone architecture, crown moldings, rich dark wood, copper gutters and a shingle-style roof, the beachfront resort’s unique Craftsman-style design reflects this bygone era.
The 248 spacious guestrooms, including 60 suites, ranging in size from 500 – 2,800 square-feet, and 37 beach bungalow-style rooms, make Montage Laguna Beach the distinctive choice among Laguna Beach luxury hotels. Elegantly appointed guestrooms are decorated in an inviting turn-of-the-century style, with dark wood furnishings, white crown moldings, stylish light fixtures, muted color schemes, and authentic artwork by noted California artists. Each guestroom has a private oceanfront balcony and a spectacular view of the Laguna Beach coastline.
- Marble bathrooms with oversized tubs
- Separate showers with shaving mirror
- Lavish bath amenities and candles
- 100% Fila Casa Egyptian Combed Cotton, Ultra Plush, Oversize luxurious terry towels
- Plush bathrobes
- Feather-top beds with 400-thread-count bed linens and goose down pillows
- Sitting couch or chair
- Wall safes large enough for lap-top computers
- Three multi-line telephones with voicemail
- Computer and fax hookups; network data port
- 32-inch LCD flat panel televisions with DVD players
- Mini bar
- Iron and ironing board
- Wireless Internet
Personalized services at Montage Laguna Beach include:
- Beach service
- Spa treatments and services
- Executive business center and services
- Concierge services
- Twice-daily housekeeping service
- 24-hour in-room dining
- Complimentary daily newspaper
- Daily laundry/valet service
- Valet parking
Overnight Valet Parking – Fee $36*
Day Valet Parking – Fee $36*
Day Valet Parking with Validation – Fee $11*
*Pricing subject to change.
Restaurants and lounges include:
- Studio, the resort’s signature fine dining restaurant
- The Loft, a comfortable dining restaurant offering views of the Pacific for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- The Loft Bistro, adjacent to The Loft, serves American classics, salads and spirits
- Mosaic Bar & Grille, a relaxing bluff-side terrace and grill
- Lobby Lounge, for spirits and live entertainment
- 24-hour in-room dining is also available
The 20,000-square-foot indoor/outdoor oceanfront Spa Montage offers comprehensive programs and a la carte services ranging from herbal and hydrotherapy body treatments to fitness consultation and daily classes.
The oceanfront facilities – with floor-to-ceiling windows which take maximum advantage of the breathtaking vistas – include a full-service Kim Vō salon, a lap pool, a fitness room with state-of-the-art weights and machines, a movement studio and spa boutique.
A total of 21 treatment rooms include 12 massage rooms; four facial treatment rooms; two hydrotherapy rooms; and three specialty treatment rooms with outdoor relaxation that can be used for a single or couple’s massage or hydrotherapy treatments. Separate men’s and women’s club-style locker rooms feature relaxation rooms, complete with fireplace, shower, steam and sauna areas, whirlpool and cold plunge.
RECREATION AND ACTIVITIES
Opportunities abound for guests to take in the breathtaking setting, which includes four pristine white sand beaches, 30 acres of lush landscaping, an impeccably manicured park overlooking the Pacific Ocean, and marine tide pools.
Three sparkling swimming pools include the oceanfront mosaic-tiled, infinity-edged pool; a Spa Montage lap pool; and a children’s pool.
At Paintbox, Montage’s exclusive children’s club, young guests (ages 5-12) can enjoy outdoor adventures, as well as games and arts and crafts. Paintbox now also includes Paintbox Petite for very young children (ages 2-5) and separate programs for teens (ages 13-17).
Beach-oriented activities include snorkeling, kayaking, surfing and beach volleyball. Guests can also explore the adjacent coves and tide pools, to discover unique marine life.
Montage Laguna Beach celebrates and promotes the arts that are at the heart of the history and character of the surrounding community. To that end, the resort showcases a museum-quality collection of fine art inspired by the Early California Arts and Crafts movement, including pieces by such famed Plein Air artists as Alfred Mitchell, William Wendt, Edgar Payne and Jean Mannheim.
Four commissioned works of public art by noted regional artists are on display throughout the resort: a porcelain-tiled wall mural depicting sea life by Dora De Larios (located on the spa pool wall facing the ocean); an ornate bronze sculpture of a California landscape by Terry Thornsley (at the ballroom courtyard entrance); an in-laid “Pate de verre” style glass work by John Barber (at the Resort entrance); and two bronze sculptures of mythical creatures by Cheryl Ekstrom (on the Pacific Lawn).
14,500 square feet of indoor meeting space includes: a 7,500-square-foot ballroom (divisible by three); a 3,200-square-foot junior ballroom (divisible by two); three additional meeting rooms, including a dedicated boardroom; and additional outdoor space featuring four function lawns. Full-service audio-visual services are available for your Montage meetings.
- Full-service business center
- 24-hour concierge
- Audio-visual equipment
RESORT DESTINATION AMENITIES
The resort is two miles from the heart of downtown Laguna Beach. Activities and events include:
- The Art Walk (first Thursday of the month)
- Festival of Arts – Pageant of the Masters (every July and August)
- El Morro State Park (hiking/biking – 10 minutes)
- Mission San Juan Capistrano (15 minutes)
- 165 art galleries in a five-mile radius
- San Diego Zoo (75 minutes)
- Disneyland (40 minutes)
Laguna Beach offers an array of shops and galleries, all within two miles from the heart of town. Other shopping options include South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa (within 35 minutes) and Fashion Island in Newport Beach (within 20 minutes).
THE SHOPS AT MONTAGE
- Art of Living
- HOM Sotheby’s
- John Wayne Orange County Airport (SNA)
18 miles/30 minutes
- Long Beach Airport (LGB)
36 miles/60 minutes
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
55 miles/1½ hours
- San Diego International Airport (SAN)
70 miles/1½ hours
High & Low Temperatures by Month
|Month||Avg. High||Avg. Low|
- Developer – The Athens Group of Phoenix, AZ
- Architect – HKS Hill Glazier Design Studio of Palo Alto, CA
- Contractor – Wentz Group of San Carlos, CA
- Interiors – Wilson & Associates of Dallas, TX
- Art Consultant – Julie Cline Fine Art Services of Santa Barbara, CA
Montage Hotels & Resorts
- Rick Riess, Managing DIrector
- Rudy Blanco, Director of Finance
- Bob Mitchell, Director of Sales
- Mauricio Souza, Director of Rooms
- Victorio Gonzalez, Director of Food and Beverage
- Paul Singen, Director of Engineering
- Jessica Ordonez-Steenblock, Director of Human Resources
- Julie McCue, Director of Learning
- Tiffany McClintock, Dining Director
- Michael Conte, Spa Director
- Bob Mitchell, Director of Sales
- Molly Morton, Director of Southeast Sales
- Sue Winkelmann, Director of Midwest Sales
- Chrissy Scott, Director of Mid-Atlantic Sales
- Lindsay Vaughan, National Sales Manager
CATERING & CONFERENCE SERVICES
- Joyce Logan, CMP, Director of Conference Services
- Cynthia Dolbee, Director of Catering
- Jennifer Price, Senior Conference Services Manager
- Laura Himelson, Senior Conference Services Manager
- Lyndsay Lynch, Conference Services Manager
- Ellen Meese, Conference Services Manager
- Patty Burns, Catering Manager
- Casey Witherspoon, Catering Manager