Montage Laguna Beach Commemorates 20 Years with a Year Long CelebrationMontage Hotels & Resorts’ flagship resort, Montage Laguna Beach, celebrates its milestone anniversary with over-the-top packages, culinary experiences, spa innovations, and more.
ORANGE COUNTY, CALIF. (February 15, 2023) – Two decades ago, Montage Hotels & Resorts opened the doors to Montage Laguna Beach, a 30-acre Craftsman-style resort overlooking the Pacific Ocean in Southern California. To celebrate 20 years of making Montage Memories, the resort is welcoming guests and locals with a wide array of special events and offers all year long.
“20 years ago, our Founder, Chairman and CEO, Alan Fuerstman, set out to create a new luxury hospitality experience – one that embodied a true sense of spirit and place through recreational pursuits, spa and wellness offerings, remarkable culinary experiences, a genuine welcoming spirit, and a high level of service,” said Managing Director and Area General Manager, Mary Rogers. “We are grateful to the local community and our guests, many of whom have been visiting us since we opened our doors in 2003, and look forward to celebrating our anniversary with them and our associates who make Montage such a special place.”
In honor of the anniversary, Montage Laguna Beach will offer the following:
Overnight Experiences: Throughout the year, guests can purchase exclusive overnight offers in commemoration of the resort’s milestone.
- The Legendary Laguna Offer – Celebrate 20 incredible years of Montage Memories at Montage Laguna Beach with an unforgettable and exclusive coastal escape. Only available at Montage Laguna Beach, guests are invited to discover the best of the flagship resort with a five-night stay in the Catalina Suite, a 2,800 sq. ft. two-bedroom suite with floor-to-ceiling glass doors in a large parlor that opens onto an expansive ocean facing balcony that spans the entire length of the suite. The one-of-a-kind offer also includes $1,000 food and beverage credit, $1,500 Spa Montage credit, airport transfers, whale watching for two, a private docent tour of Laguna Beach art galleries, and the 20th Anniversary Gift Collection to take home. The Collection includes an exclusive limited edition bottle (one of only 300 produced) of Clase Azul Ultra and Montage XX Anniversary Tequila (not available for sale), a Montage Laguna Beach custom brick building set, a custom designed Jonathan Simkhai Montage resort collection scarf, all housed in a Jimmy Choo Limited-Edition Laguna Beach tote. This offer is available for travel through December 18, 2023, and subject to availability. Priced at $50,000 inclusive with only two packages available. To reserve, please call reservations at (949) 715-6000.
- Montage Twenty Offer – Commemorate Montage’s 20th anniversary with new Life, Well Lived memories with the special “Montage Twenty” offer. Guests reserve two or more nights and receive up to $200 per night in resort credit as well as a complimentary view upgrade at check-in (based upon availability.) This offer is available for travel through December 18, 2023, and subject to availability.
Culinary Experiences: Guests and locals can experience a variety of elevated culinary offerings throughout the year, including:
- Taste of Talay Returns: Montage’s Studio Garden will transform again to host the signature pop-up from sister property, Montage Los Cabos from late June to early September. Food & Wine Mexico’s Best New Chef of 2020, Chef Marc Narongchai will return to bring Talay’s authentic Thai street food and signature cocktails to the resort. The pop-up experience will be open to guests and locals. Reservations available beginning June 1, 2023.
- More S’mores: Each unique Montage Hotels & Resorts property has become known for its interactive s’more roasting locations featuring creative fixings. To celebrate this monumental year, Montage Laguna Beach is elevating its s’mores game. Beginning in early April, a completely redesigned s’more cart will frequent its seaside fire pits with an abundance of new toppings such as house made citrus and vanilla marshmallows and double milk chocolate with sea salt caramel chocolate squares.
- Gingerbread House of Memories: To close out the year and to begin the festive season, Montage Laguna Beach’s life-sized gingerbread house will return designed as a sugary version of its namesake with over 500 pounds of gingerbread and 200 pounds of royal icing. On display from late November to late December for guests and locals.
Spa Montage: Guests and locals can rejuvenate with an innovative full sensory experience in honor of the 20th anniversary.
- The Five Senses – The number twenty represents harmony and balance. Paying homage to the anniversary year’s significance and providing a more balanced life, The Five Senses treatment is exclusive to Spa Montage and is the first spa in the United States to use VR+ technology from Natura Bissé. Through audio and immersive visual elements, the Natura Bissé Mindful Touch VR experience helps spa guests focus on their breathing, mindfulness, and the other senses being stimulated throughout the 150-minute treatment. To complement the VR sight and sounds, the treatment begins with a singing bowl and a taste of honey, followed by a foot cleanse, detox mask for hands and feet, full body massage, anti-aging facial and a dark chocolate treat to round out the sensory service. The treatment is available to guests and locals for $2,000.
Paintbox: Montage’s signature immersive children’s program provides its youngest guests with enriching activities and local knowledge while parents have time to enjoy the resort. This year, children can partake in the milestone as well with an exciting 20th Anniversary Scavenger Hunt.
- Montage Merits – For years, children have been collecting Montage Merit Badges by completing exciting tasks, such as riding the local Laguna Beach trolley, catching a wave, or building a sandcastle.
Upon achieving all 12 activities, the guest is awarded with the over-sized, Pirate Pin, signifying true Pacific Explorer status. This year, young guests will be awarded a special 20th Anniversary Montage Merits pin for completing a 20-Year Anniversary Scavenger Hunt, where children and families will discover fun and interesting historical facts about Montage Laguna Beach. Available beginning April 1, 2023.
Retail: Montage Hotels & Resorts has created a custom brick building set of Montage Laguna Beach for the ultimate anniversary keepsake.
- Montage Laguna Beach Custom Brick Building Set – Guests can take home more than just memories. Now they can build a brick model of the flagship resort in their own homes. The 20th Anniversary Montage Laguna Beach brick building set captures the coastal spirit, Craftsman design, and verdant beauty of the property as well as the community’s vibrant legacy as an artists’ colony, with 2,122 pieces, portraying the resort’s buildings, walkways, greenery, artwork, and pools. Available in Fall 2023, a limited allotment of the Montage Laguna Beach custom brick building set will be available for purchase. All proceeds from the Montage Laguna Beach set will benefit the Hearts of Montage program dedicated to aiding organizations that empower people and causes in need in Laguna Beach.
For reservations or more information about Montage Laguna Beach, please visit www.montagelagunabeach.com or follow @montagehotels and @montagelaguna.
For Montage Laguna Beach images, click here. To learn more about Montage Hotels & Resorts’ brandwide 20th anniversary celebrations and partnerships, please read here. For additional details about Montage International’s 20-year journey, please see the 20th anniversary special edition of Distinct, The Magazine of Montage and Pendry, here.
About Montage Laguna Beach
Montage Laguna Beach is set on a coastal bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean in the heart of the vibrant arts community of Laguna Beach, California. The 260-room craftsman-style resort offers 30 acres of oceanfront luxury featuring beachfront accommodations and 23 privately owned Montage Residences. The expansive resort includes a 20,000-sq. ft. Spa Montage; destination dining amongst three restaurants, including signature restaurant, The Loft; Montage’s signature children’s program, Paintbox; a wealth of outdoor recreation including two pools and direct beach access; a fine art collection; and more than 20,000-sq. ft. of indoor and outdoor meeting space. Montage Laguna Beach is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts’ worldwide collection. For more information, follow @montagelaguna or visit www.montagehotels.com/lagunabeach.
About Montage Hotels & Resorts
Montage Hotels & Resorts is the ultra-luxury hospitality management company founded by Alan J. Fuerstman. Designed to serve the affluent and discerning traveler and homeowner, the company features an artistic collection of distinctive hotels, resorts, and residences. Each Montage property offers comfortable elegance, a unique sense of place and spirit, impeccable hospitality and memorable culinary, spa and lifestyle experiences. The portfolio of hotels, resorts and residences includes: Montage Laguna Beach, Montage Deer Valley, Montage Kapalua Bay, Montage Palmetto Bluff, Montage Los Cabos, Montage Healdsburg, and Montage Big Sky. Opening in 2024 is Montage La Quinta and Montage Cay. Montage Hotels & Resorts is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts. For more information, follow @montagehotels or visit www.montage.com.
About Montage International
Montage International, the hospitality management company founded by Alan J. Fuerstman, features the ultra-luxury brand Montage Hotels & Resorts, the new luxury hospitality brand Pendry Hotels & Resorts, Montage Residences, Pendry Residences, and the management of some of the country’s premier golf courses and clubs. Founded in 2002, Montage Hotels & Resorts is an artistic collection of distinctive hotels, resorts, and residences. Pendry Hotels & Resorts, founded in 2014, is a collection of contemporary luxury hotels for today’s cultured world traveler located in taste making destinations. For more information, please visit www.montageinternational.com and follow @montagehotels and @pendryhotels.